Updated March 2022
- The Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) is a certificate for the recognition of general digital knowledge with reference to the Digital Competence Framework for Austria - DigComp 2.2 AT. It covers all competence areas at competence levels three to six. The Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) can be obtained by taking an online exam consisting of multiple-choice questions lasting a maximum of one hour. The Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) represents the mandatory part of the DigComp-CERT combination certificate (further recognition of digital application competence, such as formally/non-formally/informally acquired skills) for the recognition of digital competences.
- The exam system and the associated exam software, which is used to conduct the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT), is provided by fit4internet via an external partner. Access to the exam is provided by solution providers via various test centres.
- The test centres get access to the administration backend of the exam software directly via the solution provider. This allows the test centres to book a registered person for a desired exam date by searching for them in the system. To book an appointment, the respective person must register at www.dig-cert.at (currently only in German) in advance. The registered person must agree that all people throughout Austria potentially entrusted with the processing (above all employees of the test centres) have access to the personal data. The access data for the exam will be transmitted to the examinees by the person authorised at the respective test centre. The start of the exam is carried out by the test centre itself as well. After completing the online exam, the exam system automatically sends the result the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) to the participant as PDF. The evaluation of individual questions is not provided and cannot be viewed by the solution provider or the test centre. If required, the persons authorised in the test centre or at the solution provider can view and download the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) as PDF or send it to the participant by e-mail.
- The exam questions (item pool) developed for the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT), the exam setting and the subsequent process for issuing the DigComp-CERT as a certificate recognising digital competences are the intellectual property of fit4internet and are subject to intellectual property laws. The distribution or use of this content is not permitted in any way or under any circumstances.
- Video recordings, photos, screenshots, or any other methods of copying the content from the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or from the DigComp-CERT platform are not permitted in any way or under any circumstances. Violation of this requirement may result in legal action.
- Participants agree not to use any aids (e.g. research or messages via smartphone, notebooks etc.) and not to misuse or deceive during the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT). This may result in disqualification from the exam or from the issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT). This is without prejudice to stricter regulations of the test centres.
- Participants agree to use functioning hardware in the case of a remote proctoring exam of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT). Video camera, sound output and microphone must be working properly, otherwise this exam mode is not applicable. Turning off the camera or microphone, leaving the camera field of view, recognisable use of documents, or recognisable verbal or nonverbal communication (including texting on a mobile phone) will result in disqualification from the exam.
- Participants are subject to the duty of truthfulness. This applies in particular to information about their person as well as their proof of competence (e.g. certificates, confirmation of participation, proof of learning) which are necessary for the issuance of the DigComp-CERT.
- By uploading one or more proofs of competence (e.g. certificates, confirmations of participation, proofs of learning) to the DigComp-CERT platform, participants confirm the originality and authenticity of these documents and that they belong to their own person as well as the authority to dispose of them. This also applies to additional information that is requested for complete data collection (e.g. certificate number or date of issue of a proof of competence).
- In case of reasonable doubt as to the originality and authenticity of the proof of competence, fit4internet reserves the right to contact the respective issuer through fit4internet's contract processors or cooperation partners or itself in order to validate the documents.
- The assignment of learning outcomes from an uploaded proof of competence to the competence areas and competence levels of the Digital Competence Framework for Austria - DigComp 2.2 AT is carried out exclusively by the experts determined by fit4internet, who are familiar with the application of DigComp 2.2 AT in the training and qualification context. For the learning and examination offers that are already listed in the fit4internet database, the respective education providers have already assigned them to the DigComp 2.2 AT and have submitted a self-commitment declaration.
- There is no legal claim to the assignment of learning outcomes from a proof of competence to the competence areas and competence levels of the DigComp 2.2. Furthermore, the issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or the DigComp-CERT does not result in any other legal claims against fit4internet. This also applies to any claims in connection with the entire DigComp-CERT certification process.
For more information on the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and DigComp-CERT, please refer to the FAQ page. Please also note the information on data protection.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of use may result in your exclusion from participation or in the revocation of learning outcomes or certificates for the issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and the DigComp-CERT and legal action may be taken. In the event of revocation, you agree to demonstrably destroy any certificates already issued.