in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
"fit4internet” in Austria - Raising Digital Competences (hereinafter referred to as "fit4internet", "f4i" or "we") takes the protection of personal data very seriously and strictly adheres to the data protection regulations of the European Union as well as the Austrian Data Protection and Telecommunications Act when collecting and processing data. For data processing, we use data processors that must also meet our requirements.
The following formulations are addressed to people who wish to obtain a Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or DigComp-CERT (Certificate for the Recognition of Digital Competences) and who take or intend to take the exam provided for this purpose (a Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam), as well as to persons who use the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) website and the DigComp-CERT platform.
On our FAQ page you will find further information about the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT), the DigComp-CERT and the certification process and its handling.
With this data protection declaration, we, the data controller, inform you about the processing of personal data ("data") on http://www.dig-cert.at ("website"), which directly forwards to https://exam.dig-cert.at ("exam website") and to www.digcomp-cert.at ("platform"), in connection with the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) exam and certificate issuance, as well as about your data protection claims and rights.
2. Which data are processed?
2.1 Data processing for the issuance of a Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or DigComp-CERT
- first name, surname(s)
- date of birth
- e-mail address
- postal code
- phone number
- academic title (optional)
If you also register on the DigComp-CERT platform, the following data will be processed in addition to the master data mentioned above ("extended master data"):
- uploaded proofs of competence (e.g. certificates)
- final result of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) exam and certificate ID
- additional information entered by you that is relevant for the completeness of the data collection (e.g. certificate number)
We require the listed personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations for the processing and issuance of a Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or DigComp-CERT.
Our contractual obligations include, in particular, the development and quality assurance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam, the facilitation of exam participation and processing by a solution provider or the associated test centres, the assignment of the submitted proofs of competence (e.g. certificate, confirmation of participation) to the Digital Competence Framework for Austria - DigComp 2.2. AT by experts, and the issuance of the DigComp-CERT as evidence of digital competence.
The login data (password) you use for the “Handy-Signatur” (mobile phone signature) is known exclusively to the “Handy Signatur” provider A-Trust GmbH.
On the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) exam website or on the DigComp-CERT platform, your first and surname(s) as well as your date of birth will be processed and stored from the “Handy-Signatur” (mobile phone signature) for matching purposes. In addition, information entered directly by you (academic title, e-mail address, gender, phone number and postal code) will be processed and stored.
2.2 Data processing for further development of measures for digital literacy education
Other socio-demographic data provided (e.g. main employment status, highest education attainment, industry) as well as the master data are also processed to develop target group-specific derivations and measures. These serve to improve and develop our offers. The processing is based on our legitimate interest in the further development of offered measures for digital competences. In addition, this data is used for general statistics on the distribution of competences in connection with digital skills. This includes, for example, evaluations that serve the planning of information and education initiatives or the adaptation of digitalisation strategies, statistical comparisons or studies and publications. In this way, we also evaluate the interest and participation in the competence surveys in the respective annual comparison and evaluate, among other things, from which regions, age groups, industry, with which educational qualification and by which genders people use our services. The data is generally processed on a pseudonymous basis. If, in exceptional cases, there is a reference to a person, the data is processed for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 2 § 7 (1) Z 2 DSG which does not aim to obtain personal results. Accordingly, the data is stored for an unlimited period of time.
2.3 Visiting the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) website
The website www.dig-cert.at does not track or process personal data, but forwards directly to https://exam.dig-cert.at.
2.4 Visiting the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) exam website
We process your data that is transmitted by your browser to our server during your visit on our exam website (https://exam.dig-cert.at) to register for the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) ("exam website data"). We do not process any sensitive data. There is no individual profiling. The data that we process when visiting our exam website and that are technically required include:
- IP address of the accessing computer
- version of the operating system
2.5 Processing the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam
After a successful registration at www.dig-cert.at, you can enrol for the exam by providing your personal data directly to the respective test centre. For further content beyond that described in this data protection declaration, the test centre is the sole responsible party under data protection law. Please consider the respective data protection regulations.
The Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam is administered by test centres that have entered into a contractual agreement with fit4internet's solution provider to administer the exam on their own premises. The exam enrolment, processing and execution are carried out by the respective test centre directly with the participants. In addition to on-site exams, exams can also be conducted via remote proctoring on the participant's own notebook or PC under the supervision of persons nominated by the test centre.
The test centres, which are responsible for administering the exam, have no influence on the content of the exam and can only view the overall result of the exam (but no individual question evaluation). They are responsible for the secure and proper processing of the exam. The automated evaluation and transmission of the result from the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam to the participants and fit4internet is carried out by the exam software provider, who also acts as a data processor (see point 4).
3 Legal basis, purpose limitation and storage period
We process your data based on the following legal basis:
- fulfilment of our contractual obligation according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit b GDPR
- legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR
- consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit a GDPR
Your data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to enable your participation in the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam, for related information and communication, to issue the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and in the further process to issue the DigComp-CERT
- for scientific analysis, further development and improvement of our offers for digital competences
- to be able to provide you with your certificate also in the future - for example in case of loss
- for the purpose of system security and error-free presentation, for a secure and smooth web presence and to improve our services
We store or delete your data according to the following criteria:
- Master data, extended master data, result of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam, certificates as well as the data entered by you for the issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) or DigComp-CERT: We would like to enable that in case of positive completion and issuance of exam certificates, we can send them to you again in case of loss. Due to the legitimate interest in being able to provide the certificates to participants beyond the time of initial issuance, we store your master data, extended master data and exam results until you object, whereby we reserve the right to delete them earlier for organisational reasons (e.g. upon termination of our business activities or transfer to another legal entity).
- In case of your objection, we will store your data as long as legal obligations (retention and limitation periods) exist.
- Exam website data: This data is stored for 90 days and then deleted.
4. Collection of your data by and transfer to data processors and cooperation partners
In order to enable you to complete the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) online exam and to issue the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and the DigComp-CERT, it is necessary for us to pass on your data to third parties in the context of processing the contract.
Your data will be passed on exclusively on the basis of the GDPR and, in particular, to fulfil your order for the issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and the DigComp-CERT or our contractual obligations.
4.1 Data processors
All our data processors are carefully selected in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and process your data only on our behalf and based on our instructions for the purposes listed.
Our data processors are used for the following purposes:
- for the provision of the digital exam infrastructure (e.g. enabling the technical framework conditions, IT security, processing registration, making the websites and the exam software available, evaluation and transmission of the exam results of the online exam, automated issuance of the Digital Knowledge Certificate (Dig-CERT) and DigComp-CERT certificate),
- for the processing of the exam with the associated infrastructure (e.g. for test centres, hardware),
- for the creation of the exam content and
- the handling of the certification process,
- for the scientific analysis, further development and improvement of our offers for digital competences.
Your master data, which you provide when registering at www.dig-cert.at, is visible to solution providers and test centres that administer exams as well as to fit4internet itself. The test centres compare your collected master data with the data you provided when enrolling for the exam and prepares your data for the exam.
Your master data or extended master data may be passed on to data processors to fulfil the respective tasks for the purposes stated.
4.2 Cooperation partners
In addition, we have cooperation partners whom we consult as experts for the evaluation of digital competences. They are familiar with the Digital Competence Framework for Austria - DigComp 2.2 AT. These experts assign the individual competence certificates or non-formally/informally acquired competences according to the competence areas and competence levels to the DigComp 2.2 AT ("referencing").
Usually, cooperation partners do not have access to your data. However, this is exceptionally the case if individual questions about your digital competences need to be clarified with you for the referencing of the proofs of competence to be able to issue the DigComp-CERT.
In this case, cooperation partners will have access to:
- master data
- extended master data
- additional information disclosed by you during personal interviews to prove your competences
5. How are cookies used in the data collection?
The information contained in cookies is used for session control, server load balancing and to increase the security of our applications, as well as customisability and usability. In this way we enable a high degree of user-friendliness on our websites.
6. Automated decision-making
We do not make use of automated decision-making and we do not create individual profiles in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR.
7. Your rights in connection with the processing of your data
You have the right to:
- request information at any time about which data of you are processed (Art. 15 GDPR);
- have your data corrected or deleted (Art. 16 GDPR);
- restrict the processing of your data (Art. 18 GDPR);
- object to the processing of your data (Art. 21 GDPR);
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (Art. 7 GDPR);
- data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
If you feel that our processing of your data violates your rights in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the national data protection law (DSG), we ask you to contact us in order for us to deal with your concern. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly by e-mail or by mail at the following address:
“fit4internet” in Austria - Raising Digital Competences
Hintere Zollamtsstraße 1 / 13th floor
Update March 2022