in accordance with Art. 13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
of the platform www.fit4internet.at
(“website”), inform about the processing of personal data (“data”) on our website as well as about data protection claims and rights.
1. Which personal data are processed due to technical reasons?
We process data that is transmitted from your browser to our server as you visit our website. We do not gather or process any particular type of personal data at any time. The following data is processed when visiting our website as the processing is necessary for technical reasons:
- IP address
- date and time of server request
- requested link and method of calling
- http status and data size
- referrer (Internet address of the website from which the user accessed our website)
- user agent or browser of the user
- query string
- details of the request and destination address
- name of the requested file and volume of data transferred
- report as to whether the request was successful
- processing time of the request in microseconds
- SSL version
- http protocol version
- http method
2. For what purposes and on which legal basis is data being processed?
Data is used solely for the purpose of system security and error-free presentation of the website in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR due to our interest in a safe and smooth web presence and the improvement of our services. We do not analyse personal data, nor is it used to create user profiles. The data is stored for 14 days. For technical reasons, the storage period can be up to four weeks.
3. How are cookies used in the data collection?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer, which enable the website to recognise your device when you return to the page in the future. On the fit4internet website, functional cookies are used to enable basic functionality of the website. These include so-called session cookies which are solely used in specific web sessions and not beyond.
Information contained in cookies is used to manage web sessions, to balance loads on the server as well as for analytical purposes (see 4. Matomo cookies and Pinpoll cookies
). They are also used to increase the security of our applications and to make them more adaptable and easier to use. This allows us to optimise the user friendliness of our website.
You can disable cookies by changing the settings in your browser. If you choose to block analytical cookies, this will not affect your general ability to use our website.
4. Which personal data is processed for analytical purposes as well as the improvement of our services?
If you have given your consent, the following personal data is processed and used for analytical purposes as well as for the improvement of our services:
- usage data (e.g. visited websites, interest in contents, access time)
- metadata and communications data (e.g. information on the device, IP addresses)
- data referred to in 1.
Analyses are carried out exclusively anonymously and in groups.
You can activate or disable analytical cookies in the cookie banner or your browser settings (you have the right to revoke your consent at any time).
The following analytical tools are used:
Our website uses the open source tool Matomo
You can disable analytical cookies in order to prevent an analysis of your website use by Matomo.
We use this information to
- analyse the platform’s usage,
- compile reports on page activities for platform operators and editorial staff,
- provide and improve services related to the use of the platform and the Internet and
- compile Matomo performance reports according to usage- and device-specific features.
Moreover, we collect and analyse usage data on our website with the help of Pinpoll Analytics
. On Pinpoll’s website
5. What personal data are processed that you actively disclose to us?
If you want to assess your digital competences by using one of our f4i-tools (section “Checking”) and order a detailed version of your skills profile for a fee, a “Handy Signatur” (mobile phone signature) is necessary as a means of your identification. You can then pay by credit or debit card (Visa and MasterCard). Your personal data and payment information are disclosed merely to the “Handy Signatur” provider/electronic ID/eID and the payment service provider and are never stored on the f4i platform. As an additional option, eps-transfer is available besides credit card payment. In this case, the client’s name and bank account number are transmitted to fit4internet. By using the eps-payment function, personal data is processed based on your closed contract for accounting purposes and stored in accordance with the legal requirements of the “Bundesabgabenordnung” BAO. If the processing of this data is not desired, the payment option “credit card” should be selected; we do not receive any personal data in this case.
Any data that you disclose to us via online forms, Pinpoll surveys or by e-mail (e.g. in the form of event registrations, submissions on subjects-specific questions or newsletter registrations) will be handled responsibly by our staff and used solely in accordance with and for the purposes of this application. This includes passing the information onto distributors commissioned by fit4internet. It is at your discretion whether you wish to share this data with us. However, the handling of your request requires the processing of your data. We store and process your data merely as long as for the fulfilling of the purpose necessary.
When you order informational material, brochures or products, you will be asked to provide your name, your address and your contact details. It is at your discretion whether you wish to share this data with us. However, the handling of your request requires the processing of your data. The personal information you provide when placing an order will only be used for the purposes of processing this order. This includes passing the information onto distributors commissioned by fit4internet. We store and process your data merely as long as for the fulfilling of the purpose necessary.
6. Publication of data on the website
Personal information published in news media is in the public interest and on the legal basis of Article 6 (1) of the GDPR.
Note: The publication of personal information (in particular of names) on our website (e.g. of members of the association, corporate representatives, advisory board members, contact persons for various topics and projects, participants in events, juries, prize winners) is done in agreement with the aforementioned persons and serves the purpose of contact and network information or documentation. We store and process your data merely as long as for the fulfilling of the purpose necessary.
7. Disclosure of personal data
Personal information will only be disclosed to third parties (e.g. commissioned or affiliated companies) if required by law or necessary for the purpose of fulfilling our tasks and purposes.
8. Automated decision-making
We do not make use of automated decision-making and we do not create individual profiles in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR.
9. Your rights
You have the right to
- request information at any time about which personal data of you are being processed (Art. 15 GDPR);
- rectification and deletion of your data (Art. 16 GDPR);
- restriction of the processing of your data (Art. 18 GDPR);
- objection to the processing of your data (Art. 21 GDPR);
- data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
If you feel that our processing of your data violates your rights in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR or the national data protection law, we ask you to contact us in order for us to deal with your concern. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority.
10. Special provisions for portal users
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly by e-mail or post at the following address:
fit4internet in Austria - Raising Digital Competences
Hintere Zollamtsstraße 1 / 13th floor